Be sure to have a valid form of government-issued identification that includes a current photo and your signature. (Acceptable documents include a driver's license, passport, state-issued identification card, or military ID).
- Bring several No. 2 (soft-lead) sharpened pencils and a black pen if you will be writing an essay.
- Do not bring books, papers, notes, etc.
- Cellular phones, watches with alarms, PDA’s, etc. are not permitted.
The use of non-programmable calculators, slide rules, scratch paper, and/or other materials is permitted for some of the tests. Please visit www.getcollegecredit.com for a complete list.
- Allow approximately four (4) weeks after testing to receive your score.
- DSST® exams are two (2) hours in length, and depending on your site, the exam can be written or computerized.
- Your exam will be monitored by a proctor. Though this individual is unable to help you with exam questions, they will be able to provide general information about testing procedures.
- Internet-based testing will allow you to receive your scores upon completion of the exam. For those completing written exams, allow approximately four (4) weeks to receive your results by mail.
- To discourage cheating, there are three (3) different versions of the exams. The person next to you could be taking a test over the same material but not necessarily the same exam.
> Return to Tips for Test Day