Are you currently enrolled in one of The College Network's distance nursing programs? If so you may be looking for ways to save a buck to help off set the cost of education. Here are some simple tips to help you cut costs and earn a little extra money to put towards your education.
- Brown bag your lunch and eat your breakfast and dinner at home. Often, people don't realize how much eating out, even if only a few times a week, adds up. You can save a lot of money by cooking all your own meals. I always set a weekly budget for groceries of $60 for myself and my spouse (that's for a weeks worth of breakfast, lunch and dinner). We are able to get fresh fruits and vegetables and do not eat frozen or processed food. It's all about buying what's on sale, making a list and sticking to it! AND, never go grocery shopping while you are hungry!
- Skip the expensive coffee shops in the morning and brew your own coffee at home. If you are set on a certain coffee shop brand, many times you can buy it in bulk at wholesale stores for less money.
- If you have extra stuff collecting dust at home (let's be honest-most of us do) sell in on eBay or craigslist. You'd be amazed how easy it is to sell items on these sites.
- Following along the lines of item number three, why not have a garage sale? It's coming up on that time of year again, and garage sales are great ways to clean out your space and make some extra money doing so.
- Limit your frivolous spending. If you're on a budget or trying to save money, don't go out and buy a new pair of jeans...no matter how good of a deal they are! Every little bit of spending adds up.
The bottom line...it's all about prioritizing. Your education is one of the most important things you will ever do for yourself, so why not make it a priority? That's the great thing about The College Network's online programs. You can earn your nursing degree from a top university, entirely online at a fraction of the cost of attending a brick and mortar school. You can learn more about our programs here.